Global internal news site on SharePoint
Social news and content delivery for 30,000 employees
Jaguar Land Rover wanted to move their staff magazine online and introduce social interactions. They wanted employees to engage with and impact the news agenda whilst accessing the site from desktop, tablet and smartphone.
The team at Jaguar Land Rover were focused on the creation of a site that delivered an intuitive user experience (UX) regardless of device, with an engaging design that appropriately showcased their luxury brands.
Our SharePoint consultants worked closely with the Internal Communications team at JLR to create a user-centered solution that met the businesses objectives.
- Our user experience designers created a home page with three news columns, which enabled employees to influence the news agenda via a “trending” column. This column displays content in order of popularity, based on the number of likes, shares and comments the content has generated over the previous few days.
- We also enabled the Comms team to pin news to the right hand side of the page.
- We utilized defined content tags that enabled users to customize their view and allowed the site to push related twitter and instagram content based on the tags attributed to news articles.
- In designing the mobile and tablet view, we ensured a consistent navigation whilst introducing the mobile gestures that JLR’s employees would expect.
- Our graphic designers worked with JLR’s brand guidelines to create an engaging design that enhanced the visual nature of JLR’s premium video and imagery.
Content Formula designed and developed a high-end SharePoint with social interaction integrated with premium content. The user experience was rich, engaging and optimized for multiple devices.