This month Office 365’s monthly commercial users hit a record 120 million, up from 100 million in April 2017. Microsoft are heavily investing in it’s product and infrastructure, and as such things are ever evolving and changing giving you new features every week. It was recently announced at Ignite 2017 that SharePoint will be rolling out Hub sites to compliment the new team and communication sites. These sites will be completely configurable and customisable via the SharePoint Framework. However, they aren’t seen to be replacing Publishing sites and will only be used primarily for basic knowledge sharing. This is where a product like Wizdom can be used to supplement an intranet and offer much more focused tools to enrich a users experience.
Wizdom is a product that sits natively on SharePoint and provides intranet owners a powerful toolkit that is constantly growing. This toolkit is fast moving and provides regular updates to coincide with new Microsoft features and tools. Below we’ll run through how we achieve this and some of the things that are coming up for Wizdom.
Wizdom has a built in upgrade module that makes rolling out updates to the core application extremely straightforward. The Wizdom product teams consists of over 50 people constantly working on the product and so far this year, there has been 16 updates available to our clients, offering new and exciting features such as the new notification toolbar, Wizdom Success Center, Service Desk Business App, mobile lightening pages, and many, many more pieces of functionality.
An upgrade doesn’t cause downtime on your intranet and will never cause feature or customisation interruption .
Office 365 and SharePoint updates
Lat year alone it was touted that Microsoft released upwards of 250 updates to Office 365 and SharePoint. With Wizdom being a native application, as soon as Microsoft make a change, that change will be available to you!
To ensure that you never have a problem with any of the updates that Microsoft roll out, Wizdom have access to preview and first release tenants to constantly check to make everything continues to work as expected. And if something doesn’t, we can quickly push out a new Wizdom upgrade before any change is made by Microsoft!
Wizdom itself being a product does have a product development roadmap. With the ever changing landscape that is Office 365, the Wizdom roadmap is constantly evolving, but key developments over the next 6 months will be:
- Modern pages and webparts: SharePoint’s transition to modern pages is providing products like Wizdom with much more power and flexibility. Wizdom are working making all their webparts deploy-able on both modern and classic pages.
- Microsoft Teams integration: Teams is a product that is extremely popular at the moment, and Wizdom are working on integration points in SharePoint to make information such as joined teams and documents available to all users.
- Wizdom Success center: The Success center has been launched for 2 months now and has ever evolving content that helps ensure that your content editors have all of the information they need to make implementing Wizdom as easy as possible.
- Multi geography support: With Microsoft recently announcing their upcoming support for mutli geo tenants, Wizdom are working hard to ensure that we will instantly be able to support this great new feature.
- Cloud performance optimisation: Wizdom are constantly working to ensure that users are having lightening fast experiences when using their intranet.
Wizdom works both on premise and in the cloud – for more information, you can check our Intranet-in-a-box page.